Friday, May 29, 2015

Life Happens

Someone once said that life is what happens when we make other plans.  Each moment of life is one we can never get back.  The older I get the more I appreciate this.  That is why I was so steamed when I found out today that the package I waited for all day yesterday, would not be here for another three days.

Mind you, it is not that the package is needed immediately.  It is not.  It is the fact that I spent a precious day monitoring my front door for a package I was assured would be here by 8 p.m. only to find out a day later that the original estimate was, to say the least, overly optimistic. And now I get to do it all again on Monday!

Fortunately, I know how to use my time at home wisely.  I got a little work done, wrote some emails, read a little.  I did my errands today.  Life happens.  Packages are late.  Plans go awry. There is something uncontrollable about it.  But I am grateful for each moment, even the aggravating ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment